FNB is among the oldest financial institutions in South Africa and they have been offering various credit services. A credit card can give you peace of mind when you need to deal will some utility bills. As far as reliable products and services are concerned, FNB has demonstrated outstanding excellence.
How to apply
Getting your FNB credit card is simple thanks to the simple online platform. But this is not the only method since you can also submit your details and the banker will call you. If you like face to face transactions, you’ll just need to find a branch and apply from there.
There are four cards which are Gold, Premier, Private Clients, and Private Wealth. To qualify, you need to meet the earning requirements which vary depending on the card. In addition, you have to prove that you are of a legal age with a stable source of income.
FNB Credit Card Interest rates and fees
Interest rates are an important aspect when you want to get a credit card. FNB gives you up to 55 days of interest-free credit if you pay before the balance is due. The interest rates are within the range of most service providers so you won’t have a difficult time making the payments.
To get the card, you may have to pay up to R175 as a onetime initiation fee. The monthly account charges are different with Gold, Premier, Private Clients, and Private Wealth charging R48, R87, R180, and R249 respectively.
FNB Gold Credit Card
The Gold credit card ensures that you can shop with ease since you get unlimited swipes for free. Once you sign up for the card, it will be delivered for free so you can start enjoying your rewards and discounts in various ebucks shops.
• Comprehensive global insurance for free
• Pay for medical emergencies while you save
• Automatic debt protection
• Earn R84,000 –R299,999
• Proof of residence
• A valid copy of RSA ID
• Bank statements for the last three months
• Credit card account fee -R48 per month
• An initiation fee of R175
• Additional card fee-R16.50
FNB Premier Credit Card
The Premier credit card is a powerful key to a fulfilling lifestyle. When you get this card, you are automatically enrolled in the ebucks rewards program. Every time you swipe, you earn some points that can be redeemed for various purchases.
• Auto payment option
• Personalized interest rates
• Get up to 55 days of interest-free credit
• Free comprehensive travel insurance
• Free subscription to ebucks reward program
• Get double points with international and online shopping
• R300, 000-R749, 999
• Be at least 18 years
• Provide proof of residence
• Copy of the most recent pay slip
• Credit account fee of R87 per month
• An initiation fee of up to R175
• Additional card fee-free
FNB private client Credit Card
The Private Clients credit card is designed to offer multiple benefits and exclusive rewards. With this card, you get access to a personal private banker who will address your needs.
• Access to SLOW lounges
• Free global travel insurance
• Personalized interest rates depending on your credit profile
• Enjoy interest-free credit for up to 55 days
• The budget facility makes it possible to pay in 6-60 months
• R750, 000-R1, 499,999 per year
• South African ID or passport
• Recent proof of residence in South Africa
• Three months bank statements
• Credit account fee of R180 per month
• One time initiation fee of R175
• Additional card- free
FNB Private Wealth Credit Card
The FNB private wealth credit card is a combination of a transactional account and a credit facility. It offers high flexibility and benefits that are tailored to your lifestyle. For more convenience, you can link several secondary cards for free.
• Get a dedicated private banker
• Online banking around the clock
• Automated payments
• Debt protection
• Get up to 55 days of interest-free credit service
• Airport lounge access
• Get up to 5 free additional credit cards
• Earn over R1, 500,000 per annum or have more than R15 million in assets
• Latest pay slips or bank statements not older than three months
• Valid South Africa ID or passport
• One time initiation fee of R175
• Monthly account fee- R249